Buying a home
With an emphasis on culture and convenience, Plano is a family-friendly city with numerous activities and festivals year round. With a bustling population of 286,000, this suburb of Dallas is filled with both luxury and tradition. Whether it be trying one of its 1,000+ restaurants to enjoying concerts at Legacy Hall, Plano offers many of the comforts of the big city while maintaining a safe and welcoming atmosphere. When you buy a home in Plano, you not only get year-round entertainment and fun but also a city filled with sculpture gardens and trails! With convenient access to the DART light rail line, you can hop aboard one of its three stations and travel throughout the area. A mix of the old and new, Plano offers a nostalgic shade of living while offering a multitude of modern amenities.
median sales price
When you buy a home in Plano, you are essentially handed a first-class trip to taste food from all around the world. Boasting more than 1,000 restaurants, Plano has every type of cuisine imaginable, at whatever price point is required. Whatever your stomach is craving — from cafes to fusion cuisine — Plano really does have it all!
Here’s what you can try in Plano:
- Sweet treats from 10 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Asian-inspired BBQ at 3*6*9 Barbecue
- Fresh squeezed juice at Agha Juice and Cafe
- Authentic Mexican favorites at Abuelo’s Mexican Food Embassy
- Grilled Mediterranean meats from Al Maidah Kabob and Grill
Here’s what you can do in Plano:
- Canoe or paddle board at the Oak Point Park Lake
- Stroll through the Downtown Plano Arts District
- Step back in time at the Plano Interurban Railway Museum
- Hike or bike through the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
- Take a spa day at Avalon Salons and Spa
- 29 miles / 30 minutes from DFW Airport
- 20 miles / 24 minutes from downtown Dallas
- 21 miles / 24 minutes from Las Colinas Business Center
- 15 miles / 22 minutes from Legacy Business Center
- 13 miles / 15 minutes from North Dallas Business Center
– current resident
Buying a Home
tips for Plano homebuyers
Begin your Plano home search early because competition can be fierce!
- First-time home buyers
- Move-up or downsizing home buyers
- Home buyers relocating to North Texas or Houston
- Buyers who want to build or purchase a new home
- Credit challenged buyers who may benefit from our lease-option program
We hold your hand through all the complicated steps of the homebuying process from house hunting to financing to closing and beyond. We’ll help you select a quality home with good resale potential. We’ll help you choose a lender and ensure you don’t pay too much. We’ll help you interpret inspection reports and negotiate repairs, and we’ll be there with you at closing and possession to make sure all the terms of the contract are satisfied.
Don’t be fooled by real estate agents who claim to be Plano buyer’s agents but work for dual agency brokers like Keller or Re/Max. Only an Exclusive Buyer’s Agent works for buyers 100% of the time so there is NO conflict of interest to jeopardize your negotiating position.
In a real estate transaction, the buyer assumes all of the risk. The seller walks away from the property, usually with some money in their pocket. It’s the buyer that pays for inspections, appraisals, and mortgage fees, and ends up with the house and a mortgage. It absolutely matters who represents you! See what HelpUBuy America can do for you!