Buying a home
From historic, artistic and nature-based attraction to a local arts scene, McKinney offers a surprising amount of culture for its tucked away location as a far suburb of the Dallas metroplex. Located just 30 miles north of Dallas, McKinney’s gently rolling hills, tree-lined neighborhoods and beautiful parks give the city a quaint, small town feel — quite different from the Dallas metroplex’s urban neighborhoods. With a small, homey Southern charm all its own, McKinney offers a hotbed for growing industry and tech jobs, as well as offering a unique offering of house types — from Victorian era houses to McMansions and everything in between. When you buy a home in McKinney, you can find the world of your own without losing any of that Texan charm!
median sales price
When you buy a home in McKinney, you are essentially handed a first-class trip to taste food from all around the world. Boasting an eclectic mix of dining establishments, from the usual highway chains to one-of-a-kind eateries located on the downtown square, McKinney has it all! Whether you’re looking to grab a quick bite or enjoy a sit-down, leisurely dining experience, McKinney has the perfect spot for you!
Here’s just a small sampling of the cuisine you can try in McKinney:
- Enjoy some authentic Texan barbecue at Hutchin’s BBQ
- Indulge in some hometown nostalgia at Baker’s Drive In
- Eat French cuisine with New Orleans spunk at Eclair Bistro
- Build your own Mongolian bowl at Genghis Grill
- Sip delicious specialty coffee and yogurt at Scooters
- Walk among free-flying butterflies in the Native Texas Butterfly House & Garden
- Enjoy bicycle racing, music and bands at Tupps Brewery
- Skate at the Gabe Nesbitt Community Park
- Beat the heat at the Towne Lake Recreation Area
- 36 miles / 34 minutes from DFW Airport
- 33 miles / 33 minutes from downtown Dallas
- 36 miles / 36 minutes from Las Colinas Business Center
- 15 miles / 17 minutes from Legacy Business Center
- 28 miles / 27 minutes from North Dallas Business Center
– current resident
Buying a Home
tips for McKinney homebuyers
Buying a home in McKinney? Contact a McKinney Exclusive Buyer's Agent for all your home-buying questions and concerns.
The country’s only flat-fee Exclusive Buyer’s Agency headquartered in Coppell, HelpUBuy America is dedicated to helping all potential homeowners find the home of their dreams, without any of the stress! Our highly skilled McKinney exclusive buyer’s agents have been protecting the rights of home buyers at no cost since 1995 and are truly committed to helping home buyers find and buy the home of their choice at the lowest possible price, with the best terms. We serve:
- First-time home buyers
- Move-up or downsizing home buyers
- Home buyers relocating to North Texas or Houston
- Buyers who want to build or purchase a new home
- Credit challenged buyers who may benefit from our lease-option program
We hold your hand through all the complicated steps of the homebuying process from house hunting to financing to closing and beyond. We’ll help you select a quality home with good resale potential. We’ll help you choose a lender and ensure they don’t pay too much. We’ll help you interpret inspection reports and negotiate repairs, and we’ll be there with you at closing and possession to make sure all the terms of the contract are satisfied.
Don’t be fooled by real estate agents who claim to be McKinney buyer’s agents but work for dual agency brokers like Keller or Re/Max. Only an Exclusive Buyer’s Agent works for buyers 100% of the time so there is NO conflict of interest to jeopardize your negotiating position.
In a real estate transaction, the buyer assumes all of the risk. The seller walks away from the property, usually with some money in their pocket. It’s the buyer that pays for inspections, appraisals, and mortgage fees, and ends up with the house and a mortgage. It absolutely matters who represents you! See what HelpUBuy America can do for you!