Buying a home
With a unique thriving music scene, unique culture and small-town charm, it’s no wonder that Denton is highly desired as both a living and vacation destination. With a population of just under 130,000, this large suburb of Dallas has a lot to offers its residents, as you can experience a small town with big aspirations. With a beautiful historic center near downtown in addition to locally-owned restaurants and shops, Denton offers a unique mixture of a college town with family living — something that’s hard to find anywhere else. With loads of character, parks, recreational areas, restaurants and shopping locations, Denton maintains its small, artsy and quirky feel while still remaining close to business opportunities within the Dallas metroplex.
median sales price
Eat, drink and be merry seems to be the official slogan of the Denton area. A mecca for fine, fast and fun dining, Denton has every cuisine imaginable — at any price point required, too! With so many choices in exotic cuisine to local Texas favorites such as hearty barbecue and Mexican food, Denton’s got you covered. When you buy a home in Denton, just be sure to do other things than just eating!
Here’s just a small sampling of the restaurants in Denton:
- 940’s Kitchen and Cocktails
- The Chestnut Tree Teahouse and Bistro
- Frilly’s Seafood Bayou Kitchen
- Big Knife Tacos
- Andaman Thai Restaurant
Here’s what you can do when you buy a home in Denton:
- Fish and relax on Lake Lewisville
- Explore the history of Denton in its historic downtown
- Visit the historic Blagg-Huey Library
- Listen to live music at the Denton Community Theatre or the Music Theatre of Denton
- 27 miles / 35 minutes from DFW Airport
- 41 miles / 47 minutes from downtown Dallas
- 32 miles / 36 minutes from Las Colinas Business Center
- 29 miles / 32 minutes from Legacy Business Center
- 32 miles / 35 minutes from North Dallas Business Center
– current resident
Buying a Home
tips for denton homebuyers
Relax when you hire a Denton Exclusive Buyer's Agent for all your home-buying needs!
The country’s only flat-fee Exclusive Buyer’s Agency headquartered in Coppell, HelpUBuy America is dedicated to helping all potential homeowners find the home of their dreams, without any of the stress! Our highly skilled Denton exclusive buyer’s agents have been protecting the rights of home buyers at no cost since 1995 and are truly committed to helping home buyers find and buy the home of their choice at the lowest possible price, with the best terms. We serve:
- First-time home buyers
- Move-up or downsizing home buyers
- Home buyers relocating to North Texas or Houston
- Buyers who want to build or purchase a new home
- Credit challenged buyers who may benefit from our lease-option program
We hold your hand through all the complicated steps of the homebuying process from house hunting to financing to closing and beyond. We’ll help you select a quality home with good resale potential. We’ll help you choose a lender and ensure they don’t pay too much. We’ll help you interpret inspection reports and negotiate repairs, and we’ll be there with you at closing and possession to make sure all the terms of the contract are satisfied.
Don’t be fooled by real estate agents who claim to be Denton buyer’s agents but work for dual agency brokers like Keller or Re/Max. Only an Exclusive Buyer’s Agent works for buyers 100% of the time so there is NO conflict of interest to jeopardize your negotiating position.
In a real estate transaction, the buyer assumes all of the risk. The seller walks away from the property, usually with some money in their pocket. It’s the buyer that pays for inspections, appraisals, and mortgage fees, and ends up with the house and a mortgage. It absolutely matters who represents you! See what HelpUBuy America can do for you!